On Blogger since April 2010
Profile views - 603
Blogs I follow
- A Monster a Day!
- Adventures of a Rubbish Photographer
- Cake Wrecks
- Cooking With Goths
- Cupcake Bakeshop by Chockylit
- diesel sweeties: robot webcomic and geeky music t-shirts : newsblog
- Flip Flop Flying
- Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing
- Get Lippie
- I'm Just Walkin'
- Kate Ward
- Little Miss B
- matthew scott illustration
- Ms Belsey and her Journal
- Music Questionnaires - a limited series
- Pascal Anson: Ordinary Made Extraordinary
- Pippa Alice » Last weekend (and stuff)
- Serious Daddy Issues
- smitten kitchen
- Snake and Crocodile » BMX Bandits and the Dirt Track Racers.
- t w o b o b . n e t
- Teething problems
- The British Larder
- The Oncoming Hope
- the purl bee
- the racontourist
- Tiny Art Director
- Wellcome Collection
- Were rabbits
- What Katie Did lingerie
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Introduction||Hi! I'm Kate. |
I'm a 29 year old living in London. My working life is spent in design and education, and the rest of my time is spent with my young daughter.
In September 2006 my dad died of malignant mesothelioma, a form of cancer which is usually caused by exposure to asbestos. You can read more about the disease on Wikipedia.
To mark the 5th anniversary of my dad's death, I set myself the challenge of walking the entirety of the London Capital Ring in 24 hours or less.
The Capital Ring comprises of 78 miles of pavements and footpaths starting and finishing at Woolwich after encircling London. It was a big undertaking for someone who rarely walked more than 10 miles in one go.
But I did it on what would have been my dad's 78th birthday, 1st May 2011.
Help me raise money for the June Hancock Mesothelioma Research Fund here!