On Blogger since March 2011
Profile views - 931
Blogs I follow
- "That we may live together."
- A year in the life of a Project Trust volunteer: Maya's year in South Africa...
- blogifesto for the creative life
- Duffman in Africa
- Emma's Year in South Africa
- Erika's YASC mission year
- Global Partnerships of the Episcopal Church
- Let Us Walk Together
- Living &amp; Serving in Hong Kong
- Peace, Love, &amp; Rice
- Young Adult Service Corps - Grahamstown
|Introduction||I am a mission volunteer for the Young Adult Service Corps. I am currently living and working in Mthatha, South Africa with the African Medical Mission. Our work site is at a place called Itipini, which is a slum community that is built on an abandon city dump. The word "itipini" literally means "dump" in Xhosa. The Itipini Community Project, set up by the African Medical Mission in 1992, includes a clinic, preschool, and several other self-help projects for the betterment of the community.|